Cymbal Press is excited to announce that our first book, “Life in E Flat – The Autobiography of Phil Woods,” has been voted Book of the Year for 2021 by the Jazz Journalists Association!
This prestigious recognition would have been impossible without the cooperation of Jill Goodwin, collaboration of Ted Panken (a double 2021 JJA winner), contributions by Bill Charlap and Brian Lynch, art direction by Yvonne Martinez, photo retouching by Vivian Martinez, and tireless editing by Sylvia Martinez. Many thanks to the great jazz musicians and writers who contributed pre-publication reviews.
Cymbal Press is humbled to have our work honored among these amazing artists and to be selected among the other terrific nominated books:
- “Bebop Fairy Tales; An Historical Fiction Trilogy on Jazz, Intolerance, and Baseball,” by Mark Ruffin
- “Dave Brubeck: A Life in Time“ by Philip Clark
- “Straighten Up and Fly Right“ by Will Friedwald
- “Ornette Coleman: The Territory & the Adventure“ by Maria Golia
- “Play the Way You Feel” by Kevin Whitehead
- “Life In E Flat – The Autobiography of Phil Woods“ by Phil Woods with Ted Panken (winner)
See the complete list of 2021 Winners in Jazz Journalism.
Cymbal Press looks forward to sharing the wit, wisdom, and expertise other artists with the world. If you are thinking about publishing a book, we can help. Email gary [at] cymbal press.com.